Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Ice Fishing Great at Blue Mesa Reservoir

Blue Mesa Reservoir is Colorado's largest lake. Located just west of Gunnison, Blue Mesa features two marinas (Elk Creek and Lake Marina) for boaters and fishermen. Trout anglers can enjoy catching Brown, Lake and Rainbow trout, as well as Kokanee Salmon.

Trout fishers are enjoying the ice fishing on Blue Mesa Reservoir, currently layered in 3 feet of ice. While most anglers don't show up to the lake until 10 a.m. - the ones who arrive early in the morning boast the most success.

Anglers fishing in 15-20 feet of water are claiming the most success in catching trout.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:33 PM

    I have been fishing the Blue since 1970. I love hooking up with the big Macks thru the ice. My largest to date is 36 1/2 pounds. Can anybody tell me why the DOW insists on netting the big Lakers and disposing of them? I live in Texas now so I don't get all the latest. Really irritates me!

    ReplyDelete